Posted 20130329: And here are the rules of engagement for this year's 20-over tournament. As requested by a majority of participating clubs, relevant key elements of the ECB T20 regs have been incorporated. The groundsmen of clubs drawn at home will need to be aware, as will the umpires!
Posted 20130101: Here are the key documents for the 2013 editions of the Siddalls Cup and League:
- League regulations (variations from 2012 are highlighted): from here
- Entry form for the League (deadline 28 February!): from here.
- Cup regulations: (variations from 2012 are highlighted): from here.
- Entry form for the Cup (deadline 28 February!): from here.
- Match-day Actions (variations from 2012 are highlighted): from here.
- Match report form (unchanged from 2012): from here.
As in 2012, the entry forms are in French, to enable us - if necessary - to show the Préfecture at Nérac that our competitions are properly organised and conform to the requirements of the Code du Sport.
And please see the foot of this page for information about registering your club and your players with the FFBS for calendar year 2013.
Posted 20111025: A reminder of the various ECB regulations and guidelines on the protection of our younger players. Umpires will be familiar with these, from the plasticised cards issued to them. They are published here for the benefit of captains and coaches, and parents, too.
- The general question of selection. The ECB document (from here) is written in the context of the UK "Open Age" concept? This is a concept largely alien to French legislation, it has to be said, but the words about how to go about deciding whether a youngster is ready, they are universally valid.
- The wearing of helmets: from here.
- Fielding regulations: from here.
- Fast bowling restrictions: from here.
And, as a catch-all, a piece on the playing conditions for different ages (ball size, pitch length, etc.): from here.* Code of Conduct: Original version, as amended at FC's AGM 2011: click here.
* Code of Conduct: English-language version, as at FC AGM 2011: click here.
Licences! It's getting to be that time again! The key documents have been updated (in December 2012). They have been distributed to clubs and are always to be found on the federal site under the tab of Textes officiels, section 15. Exceptionally, copies of these documents are made accessible from here. But in case of doubt the original FFBS version is always the authoritative version.
You will need to go through the dossier_procedure_affiliation to get your club affiliated for 2013. This will require you to update the information about club president, secretary and treasurer, before you can action any licences.
The guide_iClub tells you how to download the software and set about using it;
The guide_prise_licences walks you through the process, including the 2013 licence fees (unchanged from 2012).
Design objective for this section: a single repository of authoritative docs, via links.