Cricket in the South-West of France is generously sponsored by Blevins Franks,
who provide financial services to people moving to - and living in - France.
Visit Blevins Franks' Web site from here.
Posted 20160619: This year's AGM will be held at Damazan on Saturday 5th November. Club presidents have been informed.
Posted 20160517: Time to celebrate some outstanding individual and team performances!
1. Hats off to Rémi Rocher of Mansle for being included in the pre-selection squad for the French senior national teams. Bonne chance à Dreux le 28 mai!
2. Congratulations to Safi Luqman of Bordeaux-Giscours who, after hitting 116 against Eymet, went over to Eymet itself on Sunday 15th May, and hit an amazing 74 off the Lords Taverners' bowling, earning himself the Man-of-the-Match award: a bat hand-made by Paul Aldred, late of Derbyshire CC. Safi also took 2 for 16.
3. And of course many congratulations to the S-W France XI who roundly defeated the Taverners. We got 202-5 off 30; and the Taverners struggled to get to 143-8. Gagan Singh of Damazan got a cracking 50; Clinton Ferreira of B-GCC 33; and Nigel Jones of Eymet 20 not out (plus 2 Taverners wickets for 18).
4. Wonderful day put on by an army of volunteers at Eymet. Only a S-W club could do it like that!
5. One week earlier, over at Giscours, B-GCC despatched Thoiry CC in the 3-day/2-innings "test" match - by an innings and 250-odd runs.
6. Anybody wanting to know how to survive against Bordeaux' bowlers, should contact Thoiry CC: in an attempt to snatch a draw, their Tyson JOHN held out for 4.5 HOURS for a Boycott-style TWELVE runs.
7. But when he was finally dismissed, it was the signal for Tom Stephenson of B-GCC to take 5 wickets in 5 balls. Yes, you read aright: 5 in 5 balls.
S-W sides take note!
Posted 20160426: The 2016 season has now kicked off. Get into the habit of looking at the Results page
Posted 20160416: On the "Good to Know!" page there's a link to a free on-line course for SCORERS, on offer from the England & Wales Cricket Board. Just in time for start-of-season 2016!
Posted 20160328: The Final of this year's Blevins Franks Cup competition will be held at Damazan; and the League Final at Giscours.
A-BCC's failure to sign up to any competition, together with their non-affiliation to the FFBS - has caused all competition schedules to be revised. The Fixtures page reflects all the changes; and the T20 regulations are modifed to take account of TCC's Bye to the Final.
The first Umpire roster is now available, via the Umpiring page. The remaining gaps are very significant: unless registered player-umpires put themselves forward to umpire these matches, they will simply be written off: 14 points apiece in the case of League pool-phase matches matches.
Posted 20160309: The Regulations page now contains pointers to the newly-revised Code of Conduct, a France Cricket document which applies to all ACCSO competitive games. To make life easier, there's even a version in English!
Posted 20160222: Everything you need to know about the 2016 tournaments can now be found on the Regulations page. The tournament regulations have been finalised to take account of the new Fair Play Award; and the Match-Day Actions document now reflects all the many new parameters for handling late starts, incomplete matches and the weather!
Posted 20160214: By popular demand (well, Joe Larter did ask about it!) here's a table which aims to show the finalists of every ACCSO since we opened for business way back. From here.
There are gaps so if you can add info please write to
Posted 20160116: With the League pool-phase programme more or less settled, the Fixtures page now carries the dates of all the competitive matches for season 2016.
Clubs will very shortly be invited to bid to host the final-phase matches of all 3 competitions.
Posted 20151231: The turn of the year is always the time to start thinking about the season ahead. And today your site contains a great deal of the material you will need to plan your 2016 campaign.
1. The Fixtures page now shows the draws for the Cup and the T20 competition.
2. The Regulations page has the entry forms for each competition (deadline is 29th February!), together with the Regulations, modified to match the decisions reached at AGM 2015 and more besides.
3. Still on the Regs page, there's the modified disciplinary procedure, as per AGM 2015 debate.
4. That same Regulations page also shows the dreaded stuff about getting your club re-affiliated to the FFBS. The price is the same and so is the date (15th March) after which renewed licences cost 10% more!
Here's hoping every club has an eminently satisfying season in 2016!
Posted 20151221: The AGM page now contain links to the published draft minutes of AGM 2015, together with the final Budget for 2016.
Posted 20151202: At ACCSO AGM on 28th November:
- Catus CC and Toulouse CC both received a cheque and a small trophy to celebrate their finishing joint top of the Fair Play Award for season 2015. Congratulations!
- Member-clubs elected Tom Puttock of Mansle-Charente CC as vice-president (with special responsibility for development opportunities); and Glyn Taylor of Eymet CC as leader of our umpire community. Congratulations also in order! See the Who Are We? page for their e-mail addresses.
Posted 20151112: With the publication of the President's report (Bilan Moral), the AGM page now contains all the supporting material needed for debate at the AGM on Saturday 28th November.
Club presidents have been advised.
Posted 20150927: Eymet finish season 2015 as undisputed champions, completing a clean sweep by winning the Final of the Blevins Franks League today. They beat B-GCC in a tense, low-scoring match, with the bowlers and catchers very much on top. Details on the Results page.
Posted 20150914: And Eymet now join B-GCC in the final of the League, to be played at Damazan on 27th September. Details of both semi-finals are now on the Results page.
Posted 20150831: And Eymet put a second trophy on the shelf! They beat B-GCC yesterday in an excellent first edition of the Blevins Franks Cup. A scorching hot day; great cricket; and super hosting by ECC.
Details, as ever, on the Results page.
Posted 20150826: Congratulations to both Mansle and Saint Aulaye for getting their "Labellisation" projects approved by France Cricket. They can look forward to getting serious help in developing their clubs.
Posted 20150825: Eymet are this year's winners of the ACCSO T20 tournament. Still awaiting details of the SAC-TCC match, but the two Eymet wins are described on the Results page.
The 3 finalists for this year's T20 tournament are now known - match data on the Results page.
Hats off to Ben Delaney of Eymet, who scored 103 in less than 20 overs!
Posted 20150720: Peter Townsend will be looking after umpiring matters, probably until at least season-end. A contact address is on the Umpiring page, where you will also find an updated umpire/match roster - with gaps still to be filled in.
Posted 20150713: We have a new sponsor!
Our friends of long-standing in Siddalls have now become part of the Blevins Franks company, who are just as keen on cricket! They've been providing support to the game in France for 20 years and we're delighted and grateful for their continuing support.
ACCSO clubs will shortly be receiving material for their own Web sites, etc.
Posted 20150601: The running order for the T20 qualifying round at Seissan has now been settled. The T20 programme on the Fixtures page has been updated.
Gentlemen: Hats off to Allison Rocher of Mansle, who stood in her first match as an ACCSO-qualified umpire at Chenaud for the SAC-DCC match. She is the only lady umpire in competitive cricket in the whole of France. Chapeau!
Posted 20150512: Siddalls have just confirmed that this year's Cup Final will be held at EYMET. All fixtures files have been updated.
Posted 20150501: The Regulations page now has details of how to go about the assessments for the Fair Play Award, via an extension to the existing Match Report form.
Posted 20150424: And now for something REALLY unusual: congratulations to Robin Murphy, late of Catus CC, who was part of the three-man France Cricket delegation invited to dine at the Elysée Palace by François Hollande and Indian PM Modi. How the other half live!
Posted 20150204: Thanks to sterling work by Nick Brooks, we can now bring you the fixtures for the Southern pool of the Siddalls League. These, together with updates to the Cup and T20 programmes are on the Fixtures page.
A reminder: 28th February - due date for return of all the Entry Forms.
Posted 20150102: Very best wishes to all for 2015 - a new year which has started off very well for Lucien Calkin (Midi), James Dawkins (Toulouse) and Robin Murphy (Catus), who have all been called up to join the squad from which the France Senior team will be selected for the 2015 campaign. Congratulations!
Posted 20141224: A few moments of calm before the festivities and the opportunity to load up the majority of the fixtures for 2015 (go to the Fixtures page) and also all the regulations for the 2015 competitions (on the Regulations page).
A diary date: 28th February - due date for return of all the Entry Forms.
Posted 20141205: The minutes of AGM 2014 have been approved for publication - on the AGM page.
An excellent turnout - as ever - at our AGM on 15th November got through a very sizeable agenda. Work on the minutes is well advanced and they will be posted as soon as possible.
Club presidents are about to be informed of the new rules which will be in force in 2015 for all applications for grants to the CNDS.
And the FFBS have just refreshed all the documents for when clubs come to pay affiliation & licence fees for 2015. These can be accessed from the foot of the Regulations page.
Posted 20141117: At AGM on 15th November, this year's Siddalls Awards were announced and handed over.
The Best Batsman award went to David Bordes of Saint Aulaye.
Bilal Mian, also of SAC, picked up the Best Bowler award.
Best Junior player of 2014 is Ahmed Jewel of Eymet.
And Pierre Zivanovic of Midi took the prize for most improved French player of 2014.
Congratulations to all!
Posted 20141108: Peter Mackenzie has produced a comprehensive Umpiring Report for AGM - which poses several questions which merit study in advance. Copy available, as ever, from the AGM page.
Posted 20141105: Ahead of AGM on 15th November, Andy Crawford's Bilan Moral has been added to Treasurer Stephen Harrison's customary financial documents for the AGM. These are available for study - together with the Secretary's report and proposals - via the AGM page.
Posted 20140928: With the introduction of the T20 competition in 2012 there are now 3 trophies at stake each season. But no club has yet won all three.
Until today, that is, when B-GCC won the final of the Siddalls League down at Seissan. The data are on the Results page; and there you'll see why Alex Smith was worthy of the Man-of-the-Match tankard.
Time to lower the curtain on yet another season and look forward to the Indoor competitions which will kick off season 2015.
- But there's still the AGM to come! On Saturday 15th November.
Posted 20140908: Yesterday was semi-finals day in the Siddalls League competition, and it was a day for the bowlers to remember, as you will see from the Results page.
Posted 20140902: There are now 2 trophies on the shelves of B-GCC's clubhouse!
Last Sunday's Siddalls Cup Final saw Eymet's bowlers make B-GCC bat into the final over before overtaking Eymet's first-innings score (Eymet deprived at the very last minute of 3 key players....).
That's 4 times in the last 5 years that B-GCC have lifted the Siddalls Cup..... getting to be a habit!
Will they be the first club to carry off all 3 trophies in a single season?
Match summary on the Results page.
Posted 20140825: The first of this season's trophies has a name on it! Yesterday saw B-GCC win (for the second year running) the T20 tournament. A great day out at Eymet, on a revelation of a grassy outfield, with many big hits in a total of 736 runs scored off 113 overs bowled, with some spectacular fieldng in between. See the Results page for details.
Posted 20140818: The region has a new Umpiring Manager! See the Umpiring page (where else?) for details.
Which prompts a reminder that candidate-umpires (much needed!) are invited to sign up for the one-day Introductory class that is planned for 18th October. Club presidents know all about why this class is so important.....
In a nutshell, without additional umpires there will be far, far fewer competitive matches organised in 2015. It's as simple as that.
Details from the new man, of course!
Posted 20140817: Congratulations to no fewer than 6 of our young men, who have just enabled the French U19 squad to win an international tournament held up in the Paris region. Under Daniel Notts' (SAC) captaincy, the team recovered from a first-match loss against the Swiss, to beat Germany and Belgium in the other pool matches and then to beat the Belgians again, in the final.
Hats off to James Dawkins (TCC) who took wickets in every match; Lucien Calkin (Midi) who opened the batting and then notched up 5 stumpings & 5 catches behind; Rémi Rocher (Mansle) for catches and early-match wickets; and Kashif Muhammad (B-GCC) and Bilal Mian (SAC) for tidy bowling and 6 catches between them.
Posted 20140810: This year's final of the Siddalls Cup will be between B-GCC and Eymet. These two last met in a Cup Final in ... 1995! And Eymet will be hoping for a repeat win?
Details of B-GCC's semi-final win over A-BCC - with bowlers very much on top - are on the Results page. Eymet, for their part, got a walk-over owing to Midi's most regrettable inability to field a side on either of rhe two scheduled dates.
And now for something completely different: Follow the fortunes of several of our younger players as they represent France in the imminent U19 tournament. From here.
Posted 20140804: The semi-finalists in this year's League competition are now known: see Results page.
Posted 20140721: Congratulations to Bilal Mian of SAC, called up to the French U19 squad for matches in August.
Three of this year's four semi-finalists in the Siddalls cup are now known. B-GCC enjoyed fine weather and a share in a high-scoring match at Mansle; A-BCC beat Catus on run-rate after a downpour; while SAC and Eymet did not even get started up at storm-tossed Chenaud. Details, as ever, on the Results page.
Posted 20140707: After yesterday's matches up at Chenaud, we now know the three clubs which have made it through to the final of this year's T20 competition. Details are on the Results page.
Posted 20140624: Congratulations are also in order for one of our very few lady cricketers - Alice Letertre-Gibert, now a member of B-GCC - who has been selected as a member of the French national squad for 2014.
Posted 20140603: Congratulations to Robin Murphy of Catus for being selected to represent France at senior level this year. He'll be heading off to Holland in the near future for a European tournament. With all our best wishes!
Posted 20140511: France Cricket have announced the squad for the 4-nation junior tournament to be held in the Paris region in August.
Once again, our young men have impressed, with 4 out of the 14 core members, plus both of the reserves.
So, hats off to Danny Nott of SAC, reconfirmed as captain; Mohammed Afzal of B-GCC; Lucien Calkin of Midi and James Dawkins of Toulouse; with Kashif Muhammad of B-GCC and Rémi Rocher of Mansle waiting in the wings.
Good luck to them all!
- Just before the official matches start is a good time to remind clubs to check out that your first-aid box is completely stocked (and that any medicaments are not beyonnd their best-by date). And think about getting one or more club members qualified on the Red Cross "Gestes qui sauvent" programme.
- Important! There's yet another new number to contact if you have the misfortune to have to record a claim on your federal insurance. The Federal Insurers have signed up with a different broker, a company called Capdet Raynal. Be ready to quote your club name and federal number, plus the licence number(s) of any person(s) involved. The number is 01.44.83.87.74 and the e-mail address is shown at the bottom of the claim form that you must use: copy here, taken from the FFBS Web site.
Posted 20140308: Several separate items to bring to clubs' attention:
- All clubs have successfully enrolled in the 2014 tournaments.
- Bidding to host final phase matches has closed. ACCSO Committee is looking at the bids and will pronounce shortly.
- Clubs are reminded that licence renewals cost 10% more as from 16th March. And that's also when the FFBS start checking up on club licence numbers (the magic number is 12 competition licences!).
- The S-W was well-represented at FC's AGM on 1st March: 7 clubs issued mandates & proxies, for which thanks!
- The Results page carries the results of the established pre-season Indoor events at St Astier and Seissan.
- Now, on a gloriously sunny day, the outdoor season seems just around the corner.......
Posted 20141117: All 2013 material from this page has now been archived. A copy can be seen from here.
Posted 20130818: Did you ever want to know what it takes to be selected to play cricket for France? Or whether to be offended if somebody calls you a "pie-chucker"? The answers to both questions are to be found on the Good to Know! page.
Posted 20120702: The Good to Know! page contains advice and guidance on playing (and training) in very hot weather conditions. Reading by captains and umpires is strongly recommended.
Posted 20120426: New guidance has been issued to our umpires on how to call balls which pitch off the mat. The full text is to be found on the Umpiring page; and the Match Day Actions document has been modified accordingly (see the Regulations page).
Posted 20120419: Anybody trained in your club in "Les Gestes qui Sauvent"? If in doubt, ask at your local pharmacy.
The page dedicated to useful addresses and things-worth-knowing has been refreshed. In particular there's a link to a site offering free insurance to the non-playing members of your clubs; and also new sources of information and guidance about the running of "Loi 1901" associations. Why not take a look at the Good to Know! page? - from here.
We have struck a deal with an excellent supplier - Surridge's. All clubs affiliated to France Cricket are eligible for a 50% discount, on the entire catalogue.