Cricket in the South-West of France is sponsored by Siddalls
The League final on 29th September will be at Chenaud, St Aulaye.
And another welcome occasion today to focus on our younger players, who will soon have an exceptional moment in the sun (assuming...).
Over the week-end of 1-2 June, Damazan will be the venue for two matches organised by the national Junior team manager (Mika Selig). These matches are effectively pre-selection events for the national U19 side, so the stakes are high!
Mika has brought in a couple of welcome youngsters from Poitou to complement 20 of "our" lads, as you can see from the team list.
Spectators will be most welcome, too, starting from 11 on 1st June.
20130515: The 4 League matches played on Sunday 12th May could not have
been more different! Some big individual knocks; two exceptionally good
5-fer's; and two nail-biting finishes, one of which produced a tied
score, with the points going to the side losing the fewer wickets. Go to
the Results page for details.
Posted 20130605: It was a grand day out at Château Giscours yesterday around a really good game of cricket. As you will see from the match report (from here) we did not quite manage to overhaul the MCC's first-innings total, but we were by no means outplayed! And there were some really good performances to savour.
Posted 20120502: Last-minute availability problems have caused changes to the ACCSO squad for the historic match against the MCC on 5th May. The latest team-list (from here) is still a very good one, and continues to mix ages and styles.
A reminder that the match is at Giscours, first ball at 2pm. Everybody will be welcome!
Posted 20130423: It's that time of year when I remind you of two important matters:
1. Make sure that your club's first aid kit is complete, with materials not past their use-by dates!
2. Start looking at the Results page - for the Siddalls League kicked off two days ago, with two matches in the Southern pool.
Posted 20130415: Juniors in the limelight yesterday; Umpires today!
Go to the Umpiring page for sight of the Umpire schedule and a piece about how umpires will handle Wides and appeals for LBW in Reverse Sweep/Switch Hit situations.
Posted 20130414: Just one week to go before the first matches in this year's Siddalls League programme. So before "senior" stuff takes over, it's time to shine some light on the activities in-region of our younger players (and players-to-be).
National Junior Coach Mika Selig was at Toulouse and St Aulaye just now, running his eye over our youngsters ("détection") and doing some coaching. He expressed himself well pleased with the two sessions and looks forward to a week-end at Damazan (1-2 June) where the same lads, plus others, will have the chance to impress in match conditions (50-over format, even!).
Five toulousains were joined by 3 lads from Midi CC at the first session. Mika was pleased to see that the local boys had made further progress; and he was impressed by the Midi contingent's fielding skills plus their evident willingness to learn. Pete Matthews of DCC pitched in with batting coaching.
At Saint Aulaye, a small contingent enabled Mika to do concentrated coaching, with the bowling machine put to good use. Again, he was very pleased with each player's development since last season.
All in all, very encouraging news for cricket in the region and a boost for the international aspirations of those who took part.
Coming up in the next week: the USEP road show comes to Lot-et-Garonne. To St Livrade, in fact, where National Team Manager David Bordes (aided and abetted by senior members of Damazan CC) will be presenting cricket to a multi-sport "get-to-know" event organised by USEP.
Posted 20130329: The Regulations page now includes this year's 20-over tournment rules. Go from here.
Posted 20130313: Wynford Hicks has kindly sent in the results of last Sunday's Indoor at St Astier, where SAC's team notched up a pile of runs to finish at the top of the points table, followed by an U19 side, Eymet and Mansle. Remarkably, the last of the matches (Mansle-U19s) ended in a tie at 43-5 and 11 points apiece.
Posted 20130305: After a few weeks of hectic behind-the-scenes activity, several important developments to report.
- France Cricket's AGM is only days away now. The S-W will be fully represented (Marc Dalling as new president of Midi CC; Simon Palmer for Eymet; and Andy Crawford, Barrie Holland and Peter Townsend carrying the votes for the other clubs. Many key topics this year, and thanks to clubs for providing guidance on their voting intentions.
- At the FC AGM, St Aulaye will receive a special prize for the progress they have made as a club, going a long way down the path mapped out under the wonderful heading of 'labelisation'.
- Planning has kicked off for two key events in our calendar. Hugo Pinsent has agreed to act as selector and captain for the ACCSO side to play the MCC at Giscours on the afternoon of Sunday 5th May. And clubs have been asked to confirm, by 11th March whether they wish to take part in a 20-over tournament, somewhat on the lines of last year's.
- There will be two U19-level 50-over matches at Damazan over the weekend of 1/2 June, under the auspices of France Cricket (Mika Selig is the man). A chance to watch the S-W stars of today - the French stars of tomorrow.
- No fewer than 7 S-W members turned out for a very serious coach-training class recently: and all 7 passed, which is absolutely unheard of! Congratulations all round to these guys who now have a DF1 certificate. Step forward messrs Fabb & Morgan of Eymet; and messrs Ellener, Harris, Matthew, Morpeth and Seth of Damazan.
- Last but not least: a series of VERY friendly matches at Seissan on 2nd March saw N-GCC come top of the points table in the Indoor session, ahead of TCC and the 2 A-BCC sides. Good sport all round.
Posted 20130207: Modifications made to both League & Cup fixture lists today. See the Fixtures page.
Posted 20130101: Time to wish every member of every club a very happy new year. And what better way to celebrate it than to mull over all the documentation needed for the League and Cup campaigns of 2013. All to be found on the Fixtures and on the Regulations pages.
Posted 20121130: The minutes of AGM 2012 are now approved and published on the AGM page, together with the Budget 2013 which reflects decisions taken at AGM.
Posted 20121110: Go to the AGM page to see the Bilan Moral and the Umpiring report, plus the "financials" (2012 Accounts and Treasurer's Report, and draft Budget 2013) and Youth Report, for discussion at AGM on 17th November.
Posted 20121001: At Damazan yesterday, it was time to award the annual Siddalls "Best of" trophies.
The 2012 prize for the best/most improved player of French nationality was awarded to David AMOROS of Midi CC, for his fielding, his wicket-keeping and for stepping up to be Club Treasurer.
Best Young player 2012 is Oliver MAWDSLEY of Saint Aulaye, for his all-rounder's contributions to both the club and to France.
Best Bowler 2012 is Bipin CHOUGOULE of Noé-Gascogne, who bowled an amazing 46.3 overs, clocking up 21 wickets at an average of 5.1, with a best haul of 5 for 6!
The Best Batsman award goes once more to one of our long-established players: Nigel JONES of Eymet, for an average of 49.3 in his 6 innings, top-scoring 75 not out.
Well done to all, and commiserations to those nominated who did not quite make it.
Oh, yes, there was some cricket, too! And to find out who won this year's Siddalls League championship, please go straightaway to the Results page.
Posted 2010924: At Damazan yesterday, Saint Aulaye beat Noé-Gascogne to win the ACCSO 20th Anniversary 20-over tournament. Details on the Results page.
Posted 20120918: Here's a link to an excellent article on Mansle CC and cricket in the 'Sud-Ouest' newspaper, written by local journalist Natacha Thuillier with an "assist" by Alex Larter.
Posted 20120702: The Good to Know! page contains advice and guidance on playing (and training) in very hot weather conditions. Reading by captains and umpires is strongly recommended.
Posted 20120426: New guidance has been issued to our umpires on how to call balls which pitch off the mat. The full text is to be found on the Umpiring page; and the Match Day Actions document has been modified accordingly (see the Regulations page).
Anybody trained in your club in "Les Gestes qui Sauvent"?
If in doubt, ask at your local pharmacy.
- The page dedicated to useful addresses and things-worth-knowing has been refreshed. In particular there's a link to a site offering free insurance to the non-playing members of your clubs; and also new sources of information and guidance about the running of "Loi 1901" associations. Why not take a look at the Good to Know! page? - from here.
Important! There's a new number to use if you have the misfortune to have to record a claim with the Federal insurers, Generali, who have outsourced their claims handling to a company called AIAC. Be ready to quote your club name & number (see the Clubs page) and the licence number(s) of any person(s) involved. The number is 0800.886.486. And there's a claim form that you must use: COPY HERE, taken from the FFBS Web site.
We have struck a deal with an excellent supplier - Surridge's. All clubs affiliated to France Cricket are eligible for a 50% discount, on the entire catalogue.
Older material from this page has been archived, on 31st December 2012. A copy can be found here.