Cricket in the South-West of France is generously sponsored by Siddalls,
who provide financial services to people moving to - and living in - France.
Visit Siddalls' Web site from here.
Posted 20131202: Advance notice: the FFBS have refreshed all the key documents that clubs need to know about when they come to sign up to the FFBS and take out licences for season 2014. They can be accessed via the links at the foot of the Regulations page.
Posted 20131130: The minutes of AGM 2013 have been approved for publication and sent out to all club presidents. A copy can be seen on the AGM page, together with a Budget 2014 which reflects the outcome of the AGM.
Posted 20131112: The presidential Bilan Moral on the AGM page completes the set of documents for our AGM on 16th November.
Posted 20131103: The Umpiring Report for 2013 is now on the AGM page.
Posted 20131101: The "financial" documents for the imminent ACCSO AGM - Accounts 2013; Treasurer's Report; Draft Budget 2014 - are now visible on the AGM page.
Posted 20131025: Congratulations to Armagnac-Bigorre CC on the successful installation of their new carpet just now. It will be formally inaugurated by the mayor of Seissan on 27 October. Here are some photos of the team..... at work on the under-surface (from here); laying the shocker pad (from here); and the carpet itself (from here); and relaxing after 2 days' hard work (from here).
Posted 20131011: AGM 2013: it's getting to be that time of year again!
The formal agenda for the 16th November has been published to club presidents. A copy can be found on the AGM page.
Other documents will be published in good time.
Midi CC 3 - Eymet 1. Not a score-line you'd expect to see every day. But it's the outcome of the "Best Of" awards for 2013, just now approved by sponsors Siddalls (in the person of Rupert Holderness).
- Best Batsman goes to Dominic George of Midi, with his average of 43.2 and highest score of 82.
- Best Bowler for 2013 is Jaman Kamrul of Eymet, whose 14 wickets cost 8.6 runs each, just ahead of clubmate Nigel Jones' 12 at 9.6.
- Best Young Player of 2013 is Lucien Calkin of Midi who won his first U19 French cap this year, scoring 36 against Switzerland and a superb 81 against Germany (the highest individual knock by any of the French team in the Karlsruhe tournament).
- Most improved player of French nationality: this award goes to Lucas Zivanovic, also of Midi. At just 13, his bowling has improved greatly and his fielding is much appreciated within the club. Unable yet to play in competitive cricket, he nevertheless merited an invitation to play in the U19 pre-selection games at Damazan in June.
Congratulations to all concerned. Your prizes will be given out at ACCSO AGM.
Posted20130930: Saint Aulaye Cricket won yesterday's Final of the 2013 Siddalls Regional League, with their tail-enders transforming what looked like an inevitable march by Noé-Gascogne towards victory. That makes it SAC 3 N-GCC 0 in the past 3 finals.
With rainstorms forecast, it was agreed to play a standard match, with overs to be decremented as and when play was stopped. Two stoppages in the first innings (the second came on 26 overs) meant that there would only be 30 overs available. In their last 4 overs, Noé went from 98-6 to 128-6. That gave SAC a clear run-rate target for their batsmen.
That target seemed to be irrelevant when, after only 4 overs, SAC were 12-3, after some spectacular Noé fielding. There followed 61-7 after 17 overs, and 71-8 after 18. Fatally, Noé relaxed their grip and overs 23-25 went for 34 runs. The re-introduction of Noé's opening bowlers only delayed the inevitable, with Qasim ending up undefeated with a magnificent 41.
And the heavens opened again, just in time to cause a rush for shelter for the prize-giving; but the celebrations continued regardless!
The bare statistics are on the Results page.
Posted 20130923: Bordeaux-Giscours won the 2013 T20 tournament at Damazan on 22nd September at the end of a great day of cricket, that started in autumnal mist and finished in sunshine worthy of a summer's day.
For the second year running Noé-Gascogne made it to the final but, like Catus in the semi, they could not cope with B-GCC's opening bowlers. And nobody at all could do anything against Giscours' top-order batsmen who clearly like batting at Damazan.
In something of a rehearsal for next Sunday's Siddalls League final, N-GCC got the better of SAC, in a very tense semi-final. But 40-over innings are, of course, a very different proposition....
Go to the Results page for final scores and details of individual performances.
Posted 20130909: And yet again it's Saint Aulaye vs Noé-Gascogne in the final of the Siddalls League. Go to the Results page for details of two very contrasting semi-finals played yesterday.
Posted 20130903: All 4 T20 semi-finalists are now known Details and match reports on the Results page.
Posted 20130826: Yesterday's results: Weather 1; Cricket 1.
The rain got the better of the T20 Q/F between SAC and Mansle, with the tie being abandoned during the first innings of the first match of two. But players, umpires and spectators braved the showers and rain in the second innings to complete a memorable Siddalls Cup Final in which 452 runs were scored. All details on the Results page.
Posted 20130818: Did you ever want to know what it takes to be selected to play cricket for France? Or whether to be offended if somebody calls you a "pie-chucker"? The answers to both questions are to be found on the Good to Know! page.
Posted 20130814: Congratulations to the S-W U19 contingent for their contributions towards France's 2nd place in the 4-nation tournament just held in Karlsruhe. No repeat of last year's 1st place, but still very good; and especially so for Lucien Calkin of Midi CC catapulted to fame with a 36 against Switzerland and then 81 against Germany!. Good knocks by Daniel Nott (43) and Oliver Mawdsley 31, plus bowling by James Dawkins (3-23 agaist winners Belgium, and 2-23 vs Germany). Bravo!
Posted 20130805: There could hardly have been a closer and more remarkable finish to the Southern pool, with N-GCC vaulting from 3rd to 1st, pushing Catus into second place by just the 1 point. The final table is on the Results page.
Posted 20130719: There's a four-nation U19 tournament coming up in Karlsruhe 9-11 August. The squad of 13 will include no fewer than 6 youngsters from ACCSO clubs. Lucian Calkin of Midi and Muhammad Afzal of B-GCC join James Dawkins of Toulouse and the SAC trio (messrs Nott - who will again captain the squad - Mawdsley and Bedford). This all flows from their excellent showings at the recent training camp at Chenaud, where the U19s saw off 3 different teams. Somewhat invidious to pick out one of our young stars for special mention.... but congatulations to Ollie on his 3-23, 3-11 and 4-10.
Posted 20130707: Congratulations to Saint Aulaye on winning the Northern pool of the Siddalls League today, in fine style - thanks to a remarkable 5-15 from Sukdhev Singh. Eymet finish second and they, like SAC, will have to wait a couple of weeks to discover their Southern pool opponents in the semi-finals.
Posted 20130603: Here are the details of the two excellent Junior matches played at Damazan this weekend. Congratulations to all on producing some very good cricket!
Posted 20130524: From here you can see a whole set of photos taken at Giscours on 5th May, at the ACCSO-MCC match. Courtesy of Isabelle Faust.
Posted 20130605: It was a grand day out at Château Giscours yesterday around a really good game of cricket. As you will see from the match report (from here) we did not quite manage to overhaul the MCC's first-innings total, but we were by no means outplayed! And there were some really good performances to savour.
Posted 20120502: Last-minute availability problems have caused changes to the ACCSO squad for the historic match against the MCC on 5th May. The latest team-list (from here) is still a very good one, and continues to mix ages and styles.
Posted 20130423: It's that time of year when I remind you of two important matters:
1. Make sure that your club's first aid kit is complete, with materials not past their use-by dates!
2. Start looking at the Results page - for the Siddalls League kicked off two days ago, with two matches in the Southern pool.
Posted 20130415: Go to the Umpiring page for sight of the Umpire schedule and a piece about how umpires will handle Wides and appeals for LBW in Reverse Sweep/Switch Hit situations.
Posted 20130414: Just one week to go before the first matches in this year's Siddalls League programme. So before "senior" stuff takes over, it's time to shine some light on the activities in-region of our younger players (and players-to-be).
National Junior Coach Mika Selig was at Toulouse and St Aulaye just now, running his eye over our youngsters ("détection") and doing some coaching. He expressed himself well pleased with the two sessions and looks forward to a week-end at Damazan (1-2 June) where the same lads, plus others, will have the chance to impress in match conditions (50-over format, even!).
Five toulousains were joined by 3 lads from Midi CC at the first session. Mika was pleased to see that the local boys had made further progress; and he was impressed by the Midi contingent's fielding skills plus their evident willingness to learn. Pete Matthews of DCC pitched in with batting coaching.
At Saint Aulaye, a small contingent enabled Mika to do concentrated coaching, with the bowling machine put to good use. Again, he was very pleased with each player's development since last season.
All in all, very encouraging news for cricket in the region and a boost for the international aspirations of those who took part.
Coming up in the next week: the USEP road show comes to Lot-et-Garonne. To St Livrade, in fact, where National Team Manager David Bordes (aided and abetted by senior members of Damazan CC) will be presenting cricket to a multi-sport "get-to-know" event organised by USEP.
Posted 20130329: The Regulations page now includes this year's 20-over tournment rules. Go from here.
Posted 20130313: Wynford Hicks has kindly sent in the results of last Sunday's Indoor at St Astier, where SAC's team notched up a pile of runs to finish at the top of the points table, followed by an U19 side, Eymet and Mansle. Remarkably, the last of the matches (Mansle-U19s) ended in a tie at 43-5 and 11 points apiece.
Posted 20130305: After a few weeks of hectic behind-the-scenes activity, several important developments to report.
- France Cricket's AGM is only days away now. The S-W will be fully represented (Marc Dalling as new president of Midi CC; Simon Palmer for Eymet; and Andy Crawford, Barrie Holland and Peter Townsend carrying the votes for the other clubs. Many key topics this year, and thanks to clubs for providing guidance on their voting intentions.
- At the FC AGM, St Aulaye will receive a special prize for the progress they have made as a club, going a long way down the path mapped out under the wonderful heading of 'labelisation'.
- Planning has kicked off for two key events in our calendar. Hugo Pinsent has agreed to act as selector and captain for the ACCSO side to play the MCC at Giscours on the afternoon of Sunday 5th May. And clubs have been asked to confirm, by 11th March whether they wish to take part in a 20-over tournament, somewhat on the lines of last year's.
- There will be two U19-level 50-over matches at Damazan over the weekend of 1/2 June, under the auspices of France Cricket (Mika Selig is the man). A chance to watch the S-W stars of today - the French stars of tomorrow.
- No fewer than 7 S-W members turned out for a very serious coach-training class recently: and all 7 passed, which is absolutely unheard of! Congratulations all round to these guys who now have a DF1 certificate. Step forward messrs Fabb & Morgan of Eymet; and messrs Ellener, Harris, Matthew, Morpeth and Seth of Damazan.
- Last but not least: a series of VERY friendly matches at Seissan on 2nd March saw N-GCC come top of the points table in the Indoor session, ahead of TCC and the 2 A-BCC sides. Good sport all round.
Posted 20130207: Modifications made to both League & Cup fixture lists today. See the Fixtures page.
Posted 20121130: The minutes of AGM 2012 are now approved and published on the AGM page, together with the Budget 2013 which reflects decisions taken at AGM.
Posted 20121001: To find out who won this year's Siddalls League championship, please go straightaway to the Results page.
Posted 20120918: Here's a link to an excellent article on Mansle CC and cricket in the 'Sud-Ouest' newspaper, written by local journalist Natacha Thuillier with an "assist" by Alex Larter.
Posted 20120702: The Good to Know! page contains advice and guidance on playing (and training) in very hot weather conditions. Reading by captains and umpires is strongly recommended.
Posted 20120426: New guidance has been issued to our umpires on how to call balls which pitch off the mat. The full text is to be found on the Umpiring page; and the Match Day Actions document has been modified accordingly (see the Regulations page).
Anybody trained in your club in "Les Gestes qui Sauvent"?
If in doubt, ask at your local pharmacy.
- The page dedicated to useful addresses and things-worth-knowing has been refreshed. In particular there's a link to a site offering free insurance to the non-playing members of your clubs; and also new sources of information and guidance about the running of "Loi 1901" associations. Why not take a look at the Good to Know! page? - from here.
Important! There's a new number to use if you have the misfortune to have to record a claim with the Federal insurers, Generali, who have outsourced their claims handling to a company called AIAC. Be ready to quote your club name & number (see the Clubs page) and the licence number(s) of any person(s) involved. The number is 0800.886.486. And there's a claim form that you must use: COPY HERE, taken from the FFBS Web site.
We have struck a deal with an excellent supplier - Surridge's. All clubs affiliated to France Cricket are eligible for a 50% discount, on the entire catalogue.
Older material from this page has been archived, on 31st December 2012. A copy can be found here.